from an early age to their senior year by employing multifaceted learning experiences to address genuine community needs.
Service learning at Beacon Academy starts in Junior School and continues to develop our students’ through to their IB Diploma Programme. Service learning at Beacon:
- develops students’ connection to our community – both at Beacon and beyond.
- Encourages active citizenship and social responsibility.
- Provides opportunities for students to learn about local and global issues such as poverty, access to education and access to clean water and food.
- Demonstrates student leadership and responsibility.
- Creates opportunities for self-discovery and new challenges.
Some pictures of service learning activities:
(Image 1) (Image 2) (Image 3) (Image 4).